We have a really great group of girls out here in our ward and I have recently re-instated girls nights. This month we decided to go to the midnight showing of Hunger Games.
I got there around 7:20ish last night and then everyone else came in through the night. They let us sit in the theater around 9 and I have to say the time flew by. It was such fun!
As you can see, we had a couple guys infiltrate girls night.
After I took the above picture someone said I needed to be in it so I decided to be a goofball and try to do one of those self portraits that are all serious. But my camera takes pictures about ten seconds after you push the button and by then I was laughing.
top row left to right: Holly, Heather, Julie, Kennon, Kennon's son, Kelly
bottom row left to right: Jessica, Jessica's husband Captain Awesome, Deeanna, Me, and Emma.
I really enjoyed the movie and had no trouble staying up which surprised me although I was really wired from all the caffeine I drank! It was a fun night with great people!

















8 comments:
Looks like a blast. Glad everyone had such a fun time.
Ha,ha! I love your self portrait. It really was such a fun night. I only slept two hours last night and now I have to go sit through the movie again but I am so glad I went with the girls. The time really did fly by. I wish we could have all chatted about the movie afterward but since it was almost time to get up and get kids to school that wasn't possible. Anyway, we will have to chat about it sometime. I liked it but didn't love it but of course I am a book snob and would always rather read.
I know Julie. I was all up for going to some all night cafe to drink hot chocolate and talk more! :) Then I noticed everyone was out of the theater except me and Holly. Oops.
I really liked it. As usual... not as good as the book but I think they did an excellent job.
Im so glad you are getting the girls nights put together again. Its totally needed therapy to get out and just be with other women! Thanks!
It was so much fun! And I thought the movie was great! Of course not as good as the books, but all things considered, they did a great job. The time really did go by fast. I totally would have been up for going somewhere after and talking and continuing to hang out, but I'm a night owl! Next time maybe. =)
That's so cool that you went to the midnight showing. I can't wait to see this movie!
Looks like you have a really fun group of friends...and I am glad you all had such a great time! I can't wait to see it on the 6th!
I would have loved to have gathered together for an all night meeting to discuss afterwards, un fortunately Captain Awesome was done & he wanted home. Which is why I wanted to go by myself. LOL Oh well. He really was really good about all that time spent with all of us Sister Wives. ROFL!! Next Midnight Premiere no hubbies & an all night chat-a-thon afterwards!
Post a Comment