Tuesday was Abi's 6th birthday.
We started out the morning giving her some donuts for breakfast. She was so excited.
I let her open one thing- a card from her great grandma Bitter (my grandma). It was a cute card with $2 in it.
As soon as Doug got home we did advent and gifts while dinner was cooking because we didn't have much time until we had to go to Activity days.
The book for tonight was the Nutcracker book I got at Disney world last year. First hint.
The advent tree pointed Abi toward the big red bag and in it she found a Nutcracker sweater and turtleneck from Doug's parents and some hair things from Doug and I. Hint two.
At that point I told her that I was keeping her home from school the next day and taking her to see the Nutcracker up in Milwaukee. She was so excited!
Then we went in to open gifts.
She got a lot of Lalaloopsy gifts and was so happy about that. Then I told her that we had one more gift for her up in her room.
So we went up there for her to take the big bag off of my big project.
I turned her old dollhouse bookshelf into a LalaLoopsy dollhouse...
She had some bigger Lalaloopsy stuff already so I created a little outdoors space under the pet shop tables too...
She was so thrilled!
I realized as she was ripping the dolls out of the packaging that I hadn't taken pictures of her gifts after opening them so I went down and got one of the other non-lalaloopsy things.
The card from Great Grandma with the $2, a card and pencil from her school, A Ballerina sticker book from my parents, a new Leapster game from Maddy, and a Pretty Princess vanity book from us.
Then I got some shots of the lalaloopsy's upstairs.
We got her the outdoorsy boy, the fire fighter girl, the tea party set, and the bedroom set.
She got a Christmas one, the kitchen set, and the vanity set from my sister Stephanie's family...
and Peppy Pom Poms and Misty Mysterious from my parents...
after she set them up in their house we went back downstairs to sing Happy birthday and have cupcakes.
I had to leave after that for activity days so Abi tagged along with me.

















4 comments:
What a birthday! I love the idea of giving her gifts that are actually clues to a big birthday event.
So fun Cheryl! You amaze me with your creative talents! Giving clues was a really cute idea!
Looks like Abi really enjoyed her birthday! What fun. Too bad you had to break it up to go to Activity Days...but at least Abi got to go with you...and had a fun activity waiting for her the next day!
It was such a great day. She was just so happy and I love seeing her like that.
Mom- I forgot to mention that you also got her the magazine subscription. I should have put the first one in the picture!
Post a Comment