CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Disney Family Movie Night: Sleeping Beauty

 I made pizza rolls.  I used the pepperoni for a body and head and then used a slice of cheese over the body for a blanket, shredded cheese for the hair, and some little pieces for eyes and a mouth so they looked like Sleeping beauty sleeping. We also had Briar salad (Briar Rose) and for the pink and blue- pink lemonade and Abi had a blue airhead.

She wanted to pick an activity so she acted out the movie. She was Sleeping Beauty and Doug had to give her a kiss to wake her up.

For the rest of the movie, Abi and I colored pictures. Mine is on the left. Abi's is on the right. She said she colored her face green because she had just pricked the spindle and was falling asleep. In the movie the color looked different when they were asleep.

This is one of my favorite movies so I really enjoyed watching it again. Abi hadn't watched it in a while because the end scared her.. but this time she just closed her eyes and enjoyed the rest of the movie! Another lesson learned: I really had fun coloring with markers with Abi. We need to do that together more often.