CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow Day

We got our first substantial snowstorm yesterday- well, it started yesterday and is currently still going. I had promised Abi a while ago that when it snowed enough we would build a snowman. She reminded me of that this morning.
I bundled her up a lot. It was pretty funny. She had on a white tee shirt with a white turtleneck over it and then a sweater. She had on sweat pants with jeans over them and then her snow pants over that. She also had on leg warmers and two pair of socks under her boots and then a coat, a hat, and gloves. There was no way she was going to get cold!Except her face!
She loved playing in the snow so much. She ran around like crazy. We threw snowballs, built a mini snowman, and I shoveled snow while she played. She then wanted to help shovel so she did that for a minute. We don't have a sled so toward the end I had her sit on the shovel and I ran around the house with her on it dragging it behind me. She was laughing so hard ... and even more when I hit a slippery spot and fell down.
It was actually hard to convince her it was time to come back in but we came in a little after an hour.





Our poor little snowman....

When we came in Abi's cheeks were so pink. I've never seen them like that before. This picture was about half an hour after we came in. I was surprised they were still pink!

3 comments:

Jennifer P.

Those pink cheeks are just precious! And talk about being bundled up---whoa! By the time you have 4 to bundle up, you'll be all like "who needs shoes? Just head out into that snow in your flip flops!". I'm kidding!....kind of :).

Kristina P.

She looks like she's having a blast!

We have had an unseasonally warm fall. We've only had one snowstorm, weeks ago. I'm OK with that.

Donna

Lucky! I love snowstorms! We haven't gotten any snow out here yet. And don't kids make it all so much more fun? I'm glad you guys had such a great time out there.