We had a busy morning. I cleaned the house and did laundry to ensure that the house would be in its most relaxing state for tonight and tomorrow.... Doug was home but he was in our room on his work laptop working. Abi was in a good mood but very excited. She ended up taking a nap thankfully so we were both able to get all our work done. When she woke up we started watching Kung Fu Panda but turned it off before it was over because we wanted to watch the Nativity story this evening.
I decided to make one of our new favorite meals tonight... Pork burritos enchilada style- it is a recipe we got from a friend and they taste just like the ones you get at Cafe Rio. It is a pretty labor intensive meal so I spent most of the day doing little things here and there for it. Abi helped me to wash the cilantro...
After dinner we turned off the movie and gathered around the tree for our Christmas eve tradition of new pajamas. I love this tradition so I was really excited. Abi didn't really remember it so she had no idea what she was getting to open.
She was thrilled when she opened these slippers. She told me the other day she wanted to dance ballet so we got a ballet video from the library. While I was trying to do the video with her she got frustrated because, "I don't have any ballet slippers!" She thought these slippers were ballet slippers. She squealed and put them on immediately and walked around the rest of the night on her toes!
She was very excited about her new jammies as well!
Then she got to open the present for Bitty Baby while Bitty looked on.
They had to put on their matching pajamas right away! Abi kept saying, " I love Christmas Eve! I love my prize! I love this!" It was wonderful.
Doug and I opened our new jammies too and changed into them. While Doug was changing Abi and I took a bunch of silly pictures of ourselves.
I had to get one of daddy and daughter while I positioned the camera for our group photo.
We love new pajamas!
Bitty Babies pajamas came with a little book so I read it to Abi and then she read it to Bitty Baby.
Then we did our last night of advent (tomorrow we will do it in the morning) and stuck up our second to last picture of our nativity puzzle. We read from Luke and Abi and I acted it out with her Fisher Price nativity.
After all this, she played for awhile, we watched some more of the movie, and drank eggnog with sprite.

















1 comments:
sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment