I took a lot of random pictures in April of little outings or activities..... here are a few of the fun things we did.
On a day that I made the girls go to Deseret Book with me and they were really quiet and patient (having to follow me around forever) I treated them to their choice at the little cafe.
On a day that I made the girls go to Deseret Book with me and they were really quiet and patient (having to follow me around forever) I treated them to their choice at the little cafe.
Abi chose a single serve of the BYU Creamery ice cream. She loved it and it was big enough that she could only eat part of it and was able to have some at home another day.
Maddy chose a ginormous cookie.... can you tell it is pretty much bigger than her head? She ate about a third and then threw the rest away.
Maddy was sad one day after getting a scratch on her cheek under her eye (it didn't seem bad but it has left a little scar) and to feel better she snuggled up in the afghan I have had since I was her age. That mad both of us happy.
Maddy got into a major fairy kick so Abi joined her.
Abi the pink fairy
Maddy the purple fairy.
She actually wore this costume every day for about two weeks. I would help her get dressed in the morning and then she would show up a little while later wearing it again. It was crazy. She wore it until it fell apart... literally.
She actually wore this costume every day for about two weeks. I would help her get dressed in the morning and then she would show up a little while later wearing it again. It was crazy. She wore it until it fell apart... literally.
On a trip to Walmart Maddy really wanted to ride this truck. I said no because I didn't have any quarters with me. Abi dug into her purse and found some of her earned money that she has been saving up and chose to use 1.00 of it to give Maddy two rides. I thought it was really sweet.
About the middle of the month the girls and I went on a jaunt to Hobby Lobby. It is right next to Chick fi la so we stopped in to get Abi her free ice cream cone she earned at school. Of course, I got one for Maddy too...
When they were done with their ice cream we visited a local park for the first time. Neptune park is huge and kind of scary for mom but awesome for the kids.
On Earth Day the girls and I planted some seeds from the dollar section of Target. Abi planted strawberries, I planted daisies, and Maddy planted sunflowers.
Maddy and I stopped off at Gymboree to pick up some summer clothes for Abi and I ended up getting a few things for Maddy too. I love that I can match them still.
This outfit I did not buy for her because I couldn't justify the cost after what I was already getting but I loved it so much that I just had to get a picture! And those are her socks on her hands-not gloves.
Last week I was able to go on a field trip with Abi's school. We went to the junior high school to see their production of The Little Mermaid and then had a picnic and playtime at Neptune Park (the one pictured above). It was so much fun to spend time with Abi.
That afternoon I had an errand to run in Orem and the girls talked me into stopping by The Sweet Tooth Fairy for some giant cookies.
Abi got a cupcake shaped one... but unfortunately thought the frosting was gross. I scraped it off for her but then the cookie was soggy.
Maddy got a butterfly one. She ate only frosting. She is the little frosting lover. But even at that she only ate about half of one wing. Again, it was fun but no more of these for them!
Now for Abi's joke of the month:
Mom, you know how April showers bring May flowers?
Yes.
Do you know what May flowers bring?
No. What?
Pilgrims!

















0 comments:
Post a Comment