I won tickets to see the advanced screening of Tangled in Chicago this weekend and I just couldn't go to it without dressing Abi up like Rapunzel!
I remembered that Doug's mom had sent me some purple fabric a long time ago so I pulled that out along with some pink ribbon, some lace, and some leftover white lacey fabric from my wedding dress and used my twirl shirt pattern to whip this up....
It's not exactly like her dress but it should be more comfy than a dress would have been. She will wear it over a pink tee shirt since Rapunzels dress has long pink sleeves.
A while back I also saw a hair clip holder in Chasing Fireflies for $100. I thought I could make it so I bought some yellow yarn for a couple of bucks and then used felt, ribbon, and buttons I already had to make this...
Speaking of twirl shirts, the Christmas one I made was patterned after a dress I saw and loved. That dress was worn over a beautiful white shirt with white fake fur cuffs.
I loved it but knew it would be expensive.
So the other day I was in Target and saw some womens knee high socks back by the shoes. They are red with white polka dots and the top was a fake fur cuff. I bought them and proceeded to cut them up. I cut off the cuff and sewed it onto a long sleeve white shirt Abi already had, then I cut the foot off so that the leg part can be used as leg warmers for Maddy and the bottom part for ankle socks for me!

5 comments:
Seriously Cheryl... you amaze me. I had no idea you were so crafty. I knew you were WAY more crafty than me... but I just didn't realize to what extent! I need to have you teach me how to sew...
who am I kidding?!
Love ya!
You are so creative! That's recycling AND fashion designing all in one!
Niiiice!
too cute! she is going to look DARLING!!
Again, just wow! Where are you finding the time? Can you send me your time fairy? The furry cuff shirt idea is so clever. Love it!
Telling me over the phone your ideas sounded so cute! Seeing them...wow, I am impressed!! My daughter is turning into a Martha Stewart!! (Just kidding...except about the crafty and talented part!)
Post a Comment