This has been quite the week around here.
Tuesday Maddy had her one year dr appt and both the girls were getting their flu vaccines. I let Abi decide what she wanted this year so she got the inhaled one.
Maddy had to get the shot of course... but also got three other shots as well as a finger prick. It was so sad.
Maddy's finger took forever to stop bleeding.
Then that night she had a fever of 101.5. She was so hot. I gave her meds and kept an eye on her. Her fever and pain and sadness and crying lasted for the next two days.
Tuesday night there was also a commotion in Abi's room. I ran out to see if she was okay and she was freaking out in the bathroom. Turned out she had got a major bloody nose and when she tried to get out of her room it took her a minute because her hand was slippery which is why she really freaked out. So, I calmed her down and cleaned her off .. as well as the floor, the doorknobs, etc..
Then her nose would not stop bleeding. It was crazy. So, finally I had her lay down propped up and I went in every few minutes to check on her. She was fine and fell asleep pretty fast since she was forced to lay still.
I got this picture of Maddy Wednesday morning when her hair was all crazy from baby oil...
So, back to Maddy. Wednesday afternoon she was starting to finally feel a little better and was walking around. She was pulling newspaper onto the floor and I think she slipped on it- but she fell and hit her face on the coffee table. It's rounded so I thought it just hurt her head and picked her up to snuggle her. Then I noticed blood and lots of it.
Her mouth was bleeding like crazy. I tried to get a look in and she bit me.
So, I washed her face off and was trying to get a washcloth in there but she just was screaming and pushing away. I tried to use ice cubes. Nope.
I didn't handle it too well and was beginning to freak out not knowing how bad it was. It looked like her top gums were all ripped apart. So, finally she calmed down a little and I forced her to let me look. Basically the gums were split a little with that area that connects them to the lip having come away. I didn't know if I should take her into the dr but when I googled it I kept reading that it would heal itself.
So, since I couldn't get her to suck on a washcloth or ice, I got her an ice cold bottle of milk and she loved that.
There you have it... our week in a nutshell.
There were great moments too like when we put up some Christmas decorations... and when I found Abi next to Maddy's tree in the front room having a "Christmas feast".

2 comments:
I hope baby Maddy is feeling all better now. Getting shots is no fun especially if they have a reaction from them. Mimi would always get fevers after her shots, but she was such a good sport about it. Love that funky hair on Maddy. Doing the baby oil treatment is no fun but it's so worth it when you finally get rid of all that cradle cap. I had to do it twice to Violet. Yuck!
Wow..does sound like an eventful week around your house! Glad everyone is ok and feeling better!
Post a Comment