CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 15, 2010

Maddy's birthday: the cakes

Originally I had planned to make the cakes with fondant. I wanted them white and was going to do multi colored pastel polka dots all over them.
But after buying the fondant I couldn't justify the price, returned it, and frosted the cakes with normal frosting.
I got a mini tiered cake pan set recently so I used that for the main cake and then the middle size for Maddy's personal cake (it's about the size of a cupcake).

this was the main one...

and just for fun here is a picture of Maddy getting sung to by Grandma and Grandpa...

3 comments:

Heather

The cakes looks really cute...are you professional or something!? (:

The Kings

Wow, you were good to get a phone picture! She is so adorable!

Stephanie Cameron

You can make fondant! I never have, but my sister-in-law does all the time. It turns out great. I think the recipe that she likes has marshmallow creme in it. Either way, your cake turned out really cute. And no matter what you do, fondant doesn't taste very good!