I wasn't extremely creative with the food on this one. Doug made he and I some steaks because I decided that's the kind of food that the wolf family, Bagheera, and Sher Kahn would eat. I know, even Doug said I was stretching it. Abi had some animal shaped chicken nuggets that were actually dinosaurs but we pretended they were jungle animals. We did also have some Bagheera Brown rice and the hit of the evening .. a huge banana split!
We called it King Louie's banana split so that felt appropriate.
Abi asked if she could decide the craft. She worked hard on it during the movie, not telling me what it was until she was done. She drew it, colored it in, cut it out, and taped it to the wall and then told me it was a lantern to find your way out of the jungle.
After the movie we all took turns walking around the room with a pillow on our head trying to balance it the way that the girl and Mowgli do with the jug at the end. It was pretty funny but.. sorry no pictures.

2 comments:
You have the best ideas!
As usual, you guys come up with such cute things to do! We made Chicken Stir Fry and had Banana Splits in honor of King Louie! I thought that was cute that Abi wanted to do the craft!
Post a Comment