CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ask Me Anything: Lora part 2

Lora asked, "What are your favorite things about Wisconsin? What about Chicago? If you could live anywhere, where would that be?"

This made me laugh when she asked me this because I feel like lately I've been complaining a little too much about Wisconsin! It's no secret that I am not a summer person. I like it to an extent but I just love fall and early winter the most.
I know it probably makes me seem crazy to a lot of people but I love a cool feeling in the air. I like it when there is a cool breeze and that crisp feeling you get in the fall. I LOVE the first snowfall. It's just after a couple of months of it that I start to get sick of it :)
So, as this summer has been very hot but most of all extremely humid and I have hardly spent anytime outside because I cannot stand it or the mosquitoes that do not give you a break even if you are lathered in spray... I have just not been enjoying myself as much.
BUT- I actually do like it out here so this is a good way to remind myself of the things I do like.

My favorite things about Wisconsin-
1) The Lake. It is absolutely beautiful. I love going down by it and playing on the beach, just watching the boats, feeling like I am near an ocean.
2)The green. I love being surrounded by green. It is so pretty.
3) The corn fields. When fall finally arrives I love driving around and seeing all the great fall colors mingling with full grown corn fields. It is breathtaking.
4) Our ward. We have a really diverse and fun ward. There are so many great people and I have made a few friendships out here that I am so thankful for and learned a lot from so many people that have come and gone.
5)I have a lot of memories here now that will stay with me forever because
Abi was only 8 months old when we moved here.
6)We are close to Chicago.
7) Family visits- although I hate being away from family it is always fun to have family come visit because then we get them exclusively! When my mom comes to visit I get to have her 24 hours a day for a couple weeks. That's so great!!!

My favorite things about Chicago:
1) The city itself- I just love it. I love walking around, driving around, looking at the city. It is a beautiful city and the energy is just amazing.
2)
Shedd Aquarium- for someone like me that loves marine life it is a sweet haven. I love dolphins and so it is so fun to be able to go see a dolphin show in the Midwest of all places! It is a great aquarium and a fun way to spend a day.
3) American Girl- it is definitely one of my favorite activities we do with my mom almost every time she comes out here. We just love the cafe and the colors and the excitement it causes in
Abi. We love the brand.
4)Lincoln park zoo- such a fun zoo and it's free!
5) There is so much to do! I haven't even come close to doing everything I want to do yet and that is awesome. I am still even finding out things like the other day when I found out there is a Lego discovery center to add to the list.. I'd had no idea.
6)The museums are all so great
7)I love driving the long way from here to the city down Sheridan road and seeing all the amazing mansions.
8) It is pretty obvious that I love Chicago. When we eventually move (if) I think I will miss being near Chicago the very most.

If I could live anywhere, where would that be:

Well, Utah. It even surprises me to write that because that would never have been my answer 4 years ago. I have realized since moving out here that I just miss family so much. I really need to someday be around my family again. Beyond that, every time we visit I just feel so good there. I love the memories, the feeling, the stores, the environment, the opportunities for children, everything. I have come to really love Utah in a way I never did before. So, I would pick Utah over anywhere else- preferably in the Sandy/Draper area or Alpine/Pleasant Grove or Midway.
If I had to live anywhere besides Utah it would have to be either New England (Connecticut or Mass), Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island in Canada, or Victoria, British Columbia.

5 comments:

LeShel

It's amazing how good something becomes when you leave it behind. Its been an interesting journey. I'm glad I found you along the way!

Seth and Julie

I relate to so much of what you've written here. The things you love about WI, Chicago and UT. I may love the summer here, but I complain plenty in the winter. I have to re-fall in love with this place every Spring. I have to say that the 24/7 visits with family are so much better than the Sunday dinner parties. But aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents would be priceless too.

It will be interesting to see who ends up staying here (if anyone?). Probably just me.

I have never been to Lincoln Park Zoo. It was on the top of my summer to do list and I still haven't gotten to it.

The Kings

I love coming out to visit you...and having so much time to "play" with you and the girls!! Hey, Doug, I am not leaving you out by any means:) I love Chicago, too! I love the places we've gone together and LOVE American Girl Place! I really have enjoyed Shedd Aquarium and Field Museum. Next I would love to go up in the Sears Tower...not called that anymore. I am sure there will be more fun things to do!...But mostly coming to see you!

Donna

I'm excited to see what fall's like here in the Midwest, even more so after reading this. I'm excited to get to know Chicago too! It sounds like such a fun city. It's about two hours away from us, so you're lucky you're pretty close.
I like your choices of alternate place to live! I love all of those places!

Jen

It's fun learning more about you. We never get the chance to talk, so this is like our get to know you conversation:) I wish we spent more time doing stuff in Chicago while we still live here. Mike HATES big cities though, and I just can't bring myself to go down there by myself with girls. At least we got to go to American Girl when my mom visited. I will say though that when I grew up near Indy my family used to go to Chicago a lot for weekend visits, so I do have some Chicago in my experience.